Some GUI enhancement ideas

I'm new to the whole GNOME/GTK thing, but I've been programming Motif on
IRIX for years now, and I have some ideas about what kinds of things
"work".

One nice thing to have would be for the standard style thing to have
buttons and other controls have a slightly different color so they stand
out more and are obviously "usable". Take a look at SGI's standard
schemes stuff to get an idea of how this looks. SGI's controls also have
a slightly more "rounded" look which is more pleasant on the eye than
the standard shadows.

The other thing I noticed was how polished a lot of the icons look on
the desktop screenshots, but what would make them look even better is if
real 4 or 8-bit alpha channels could be used instead of single bit masks
for icons. This would be a first for desktop interfaces and would really
help sell the interface.

Cheers!

--
Paul Miller - stele@fxtech.com