Re: gnome-stock pixmaps

[ Discussion moved to gnome-gui-list -russ ]

Tom Tromey writes:
 > Raul> CANCEL: Reverts the settings to those before opening the dialog
 >
 > Your proposal has the problem that the Cancel button works like no
 > other cancel button in the world.

Hmmm...  That's always been the impression of what the Cancel button
is supposed to do: "Uh-oh, I screwed up.  Give me back my old values,
even if I pressed the Apply button".

 > Note that the current PropertyBox API does *not* support any notion of
 > Undo.  That would be useful to add.  The critical part (as I mentioned
 > the last time this thread came up) is getting the model right.

Then perhaps it should work like this:

CLOSE: Closes the dialog
APPLY: Applies the current settings, so you can see if you like them
UNDO: Reverts the settings to those before opening the dialog
(HELP: Brings up some contextual help)

IMHO, if you haven't changed any settings, Apply and Undo should be
unlit, and if you have, then they should be lit, and Close unlit.
That is, you can't close with unused changes.  You either have to
accept them or discard them.

--
-russ <nelson@crynwr.com>  http://web.crynwr.com/~nelson