Re: property dialogs

> My point is that "Preview" is not very general. Also, "Cancel" normally
> means that the dialogue is closed; why do I want to do this? If I made a
> faulty setting and hit "Cancel" I don't want to reopen the dialogue again.

	There are many instances in which you'd want to hit cancel.  If
you accidentally brought up a settings window (and maybe changed something
on accident, but don't know what was originally there).  CANCEL has meant
"whoops, didn't mean to do that, take me back" since 1984, and is very
useful.  If you entered a faulty setting, you simply change it to what you
want it to be, and click OK.

	Things were much clearer before "Apply" came along.  Personally,
I'm in favor of abandoning it entirely, and when a "Preview" button is
appropriate let's just label it "Preview".  Remembering, of course, that
even if you hit PREVIEW, canceling out will put your changes back to what
it was before you opened the settings dialog.

Derek