Re: Tips on what to avoid

>- Dialog boxes with only "Yes" and "No" buttons should be avoided.
>Try to use "OK" and "Cancel" where possible.

Why not verbs? "Some files have changed: Save / Discard" (or "Save / Cancel")

>- Don't make buttons too big.
>Do not add extra vertical or horizontal padding to buttons. Icons in

Yeah. Keep buttons under a given size like in other OSs (they must have a
reason to do that). I do not like giant buttons.

>standard buttons ("OK", "Cancel", "Apply", ...) should be avoided. The
>question mark has little connection with "Help", and in many countries in
>Europe the "v" and "x" symbols aren't used to indicate "Yes" and "No" (or
>whatever they indicate), AFAIK.

After using some "international" (or better "english") apps, you become
acostumized to that (green v and red x). Like using qwerty when your
languaje will require another keyboard config; it comes with the computer
and you use it.

>If possible, the size of buttons shouldn't be relative to the size of the
>window.

Thats cool. I like it from other OSs.

GSR