Re: Interface guide

Martin Wahlen <mva@sbbs.se> wrote:
> Hi, after the much discussed consistency problems I joined this list, only
> to find that nothing much is happening here. Well I thought I would

well, we just moved over. :)

> contribute some of my ideas. First I think that deciding what items should
> go on which menu is more important than discussing tear off menus, small
> lights showing appstatus and all that. So my first suggestion would be to
> add something in the style guide like. All (most) GNOME applications
> should have a file menu with a minimum of the item Exit. Other items that
> should go in the menu is New, Open, Save, Save as, and Preferances. All
> settings should go under the Preferances menu item. This is only a
> suggestion, as I haven't yet read the style guide.
>
> Flame away:-)

ok.:)

I think we should first identify different aspects of the user interface and
then start working on them. maybe not one by one, but aware of the fact that
there are different parts to the whole and that they have to fit together.

--
The universe does not have laws -- it has habits, and habits can be
broken.