Re: Interface guide

<note>
This is not a flame.  I just want people to know that this is already in
the style guide.  :)
</note>

Martin Wahlen wrote:

> Hi, after the much discussed consistency problems I joined this list, only
> to find that nothing much is happening here. Well I thought I would
> contribute some of my ideas. First I think that deciding what items should
> go on which menu is more important than discussing tear off menus, small
> lights showing appstatus and all that. So my first suggestion would be to
> add something in the style guide like. All (most) GNOME applications
> should have a file menu with a minimum of the item Exit.

In the style guide...

o If an application uses a menubar, it must contain at least two
entries: "File" and "Help".  In the event that "File" is not
appropriate, another label may be used in its place. In the remainder of
this document, this menubar entry will always be referred to as the
"File" entry.

[...]

o The last entry in the "File" menu must be called "Quit". This button
will exit the
application completely.

> Other items that
> should go in the menu is New, Open, Save, Save as, and Preferances. All
> settings should go under the Preferances menu item. This is only a
> suggestion, as I haven't yet read the style guide.

This is really application dependent.  I can work something in like this
though.

> LINUX LINUX LINUX LINUX LINUX LINUX LINUX LINUX LINUX LINUX LINUX LINUX

You think this guy likes Linux or what?  Cool.  :)

--Chris

--

Christopher Blizzard