Re: Err..To Desktop Or Not To Desktop? (For Tom)

>> Your understanding of the present creation process for the Style Guideis
>> totally distorted, as evidenced by your comments shown above. The public
>> is involved BEFORE, AT ALL POINTS DURING, *AND* AFTER the initial
document
>> has been written -- And to top it off, the public plays an absolutely
>> critical role in the REVISION of the document! What more do you want?
>
>I want that the public CREATES that document. the current process is that
>you create it, all the while listening for input from the public and then
in
>as-yet unspecified cycles put the current version in front of them for
>revision. am I right here?

Seems to work for Linux kernel...actual patch files are uploaded, and if
Linus likes the stuff, it gets put in.  Bowie isn't even that controlling
:-)

>I really, really do not see the problems you are having with someone
>creating a second approach.

It DOES splinter efforts, removes focus, and generally creates a flame war
where there really shouldn't one.

Can't we just all get along?