Re: The Help Menu

Bowie Poag <bjp@primenet.com> wrote:
> > the current style guide (see gnome.org) suggests that help ALWAYS has at
> > least one item: the about box.
> Bad idea.

maybe, but it's still the way the currently online available style guide
suggests it. :)

of course I, being in favor of a general "program" menu left of the file one
would put the about box right there. but alas, nothing like that is part of
any published style guide right now. :)))

(sorry for the picking, but once in a while people get tense and a bit of
this helps to get the stress out. at least for me. if it doesn't for you,
delete the damn mail. :) )

> A simple little Gnome Footprint present in the menu bar of each apps
> window would do the trick nicely, at first thought. I'm open to
> suggestions. Even yours, Tom. ;) hee

we have discussed that at length, haven't we? about two weeks ago if memory
serves correctly.
so you'll find that suggestion in the RSG (Rebel Style Guide :) ) as well.

--
The universe does not have laws -- it has habits, and habits can be broken.