interactive style guide

I'm not really keeping up with this mailing list, so I might've missed
something. But...

It would be nice if the next official Gnome Style Guide was somewhat
interactive, with more than just statements like "this is right" and "this
is wrong". For each item or statement, there should be some background as
well as information on WHY the rule exists. People who don't like or agree
with that statement, and have a good reason not to, should be able to post
their comment. Everyone should be able to read the comments.

The Style Guide should be a constantly evolving and updated project. A
repository for new ideas (we've seen many of them - the lightbulb widget,
document-based interface, etc) would be nice too.

If there's not anyone else who wants to launch the project (or already has),
I'd volunteer to set up a page and do some CGI coding for the interactive
stuff. (Unfortunately, I don't have any CGI-able web account.)

Oskar Liljeblad (osk@hem.passagen.se)