Re: To answer your question about the upcoming Style-Guide...

>48x48 is ok on my desktop with 1024x768 resolution and i like it much
>because of the high quality icons, but on my 800x600
>notebook i would like to have a smaller panel with 24x24 even if some
>applets would then not be able to put on.

There's no real reason applets wouldn't be able to be put on.  Small Icon 1
and Small Icon 2 stack on top of eachother.  If there's no Small Icon 4,
small icon 3 stacks on top of a blank space.  As far as panel apps know,
those four icons comprise *one*.