Re: Print

Preben Randhol wrote:

> * "Ben 'The Con Man' Kahn" <xkahn@cybersites.com
>
> |       Ahhh...  But what if it's a gnome icon?  Then it isn't confusing
> | at all.  (It'll look like the mac.)
>
> I think I already explained why using a pixmap isn't such a good idea.

right, and if i haven't already done so, let me reiterate my
disagreement: macs and ataris used such an icon for years before win95
came along, so it was standard to have it before it was standard not to.
:)

it's surprisingly intuitive once you learn what kind of stuff is stored
under the graphic icon. in this case, "quit" and other application
commands just make sense, imo. better than stashing them in "file" when
they have nothing to do with files. :)
--
"Whoever saves one life saves the whole world in time." --Talmud