Re: Menu Bar Style Guide

Russell Nelson <nelson@crynwr.com> wrote:

> Of course it is the right-most menu item.  The question is whether it
> belongs with the rest of the menus where it is easy to find, or
> whether it gets shoved way out into the middle of the woods where
> nobody can find it?

exactly.

this is also one of the few points where I disagree with the interface hall
of shame. but in any case I think we all agree that it's a close race with
several good points for both versions.

maybe we should let the user decide? a simple "help menus right aligned"
checkbutton in the gnome-config would do it. that would leave the problem of
telling the user, but one should (imho) present him with a couple of
important configuration options at install-time anyway.

--
The universe does not have laws -- it has habits, and habits can be broken.