Icons and colors

	Take a look at the Windows toolbar icons.  Notice anything?  They
only use 8 colors.  Newer MS programs use more (look at MSIE) but they
display the buttons in just a few colors unless you mouse over them.

	Why is this good?  Well, too many colors can be distracting.  The
muted look gives the whole application a more professional feel to it.
(Although I wouldn't say the same about MSIE.)  Gnome applications seem to
use too many colors and look ...  well...  less so.  I'd make the same
complaint against most visual basic applications...

	(The 8 colors are standard across ALL MS apps BTW.)

						-Ben

Benjamin Kahn                        /,`.-'`'   -,  ;-;;'
(212) 924 - 2220                    |,4-  ) )-,_ ) /\
 If you love something, write it in C; if it compiles, it is yours;
                     if it doesn't, it never was.