Re: Wm Hints Proposal - 2nd Draft

Max> Well, I cleaned up and detailed my proposal a little more. It is
Max> available at http://freeweb.pdq.net/redline/wmhints

Max> The reasoning behind this particular proposal is that it is
Max> lightweight an similar to functionality present in most current
Max> window managers. Please give it a look over and let me know what
Max> you folks think. Warning: it is a little long.

I read through this last week.

A couple things I didn't understand:

- Are these hints different from the Motif hints?  (I don't know
anything about Motif).  Seems like we should just use the Motif hints
when appropriate.

- Would it be worthwhile for us to try to get these hints "officially
approved" by whoever controls X these days?

Tom