Re: Cluehunting needs a new name

On 22 Aug 1998, Peter Bortas wrote:

> Frederick I Gleef <gleef@capital.net> writes:
>
> > On Wed, 19 Aug 1998, Dan "Effugas" Kaminsky wrote:
> >
> > > and you can help!
> > >
> > > So far offered:
> > >
> > > Autoclue
> > > Context Sensitive Searches
> > > SmartComplete
> > >

> > > I happen to like Autoclue ;-)
> > >
> > > This is a decided point.  Cluehunting will be a dead name within a week.
> >
> > Speaking of names, I think I mentioned this to you before, but Minbar
> > really need a new name.  If it's not an outright trademark violation, it
> > at least will confuse many people, and I don't think you want to do that.
>
> Is JMS really trying to make Minbar a trademark? Must have missed it
> here in Europe.

I have no idea if he is or isn't.  I doubt its a real trademark violation
since it's in a different context, more a name confusion issue.  Imagine
the confusion if a major tool of your system was called "Klingon" or
"Africa".  "Ok, now, you drag your window down to be swallowed by the
Africa"

-Gleef