I was wrong, in one regard

My recent posts to slashdot and freshmeat were not wrong, with one caveat:
I have decided that Tom, and a few others, have a point when they state that
my announcement did appear to be coming from a still-official GNOME project.
To the best of my ability, I officially apologize and take full
responsibility for this error, and future announcements will be worded
better.  Now, I'm off to write another proposal.