Re: Random thought...

Tom Vogt <tom@lemuria.org> writes:

> the day gnome ships with a standard wm will be the day it has to do without
> my support. period.

Well, any distribution will install a default user environment for new
user.  As I'm not very familiar with todays distributions I don't know
exactly what they ship, but guess that new user will get a GUI
environment with fvwm or some other wm as their window manager.

Of course they can change that if they like.

In the same way, Red Hat will most likely ship a user environment with
GNOME and a default wm.  This will be the default wm for many
practical uses, since it is what many users will use.  So it might
even be called a "standard" wm.  But of course any wm can still be
used.

--
David Kågedal        <davidk@lysator.liu.se> http://www.lysator.liu.se/~davidk/