Re: Public IRC Conference

On Sat, 15 Aug 1998, Bowie Poag wrote:

> On Sat, 15 Aug 1998, Dan "Effugas" Kaminsky wrote:
>
> > I'm thinking we should have an IRC conference a week from today, to discuss
> > with the world what we're up to, to run ideas by the general public, etc.
> > This will also be a good opportunity for us to meet with the WM designers,
> > so we can hear their opinions on standardization, extension, and so on.  How
> > does, say, 12Noon Western sound to everyone?  This should be in the evening
> > in europe.
> >
> > Yes, part of openness means we've gotta do this.
>
> "Western" ?
>
> Its about time for a new conference, tho.
>
> (PAcific-->Mountain-->Central-->Eastern, Dan.) :)

There are a lot more named timezones than that, Bowie :-).  The only
"Western" time zone I know of is the timezone sometimes called "Western
European Time", also known as GMT +1, but noon there would hardly be
evening in Europe, except maybe over by the Urals, so I doubt that is what
he is referring to.

This is an international list, everyone here should know how far their
timezone is from GMT.  Can't we just be normal and give times in GMT (or
Zulu time if you are avionically oriented, its the same thing).

-Gleef