Random thought...

I remeber in someones post they had mentioned that it would be a shame
to waste the third (middle) button on some peoples mice.  We can't bind
any crucial function to that, becuase so many people don't have them.
Today I was staring blankly at the code that I am hacking out here at
work and I thought that it might be kind of cool to use that in that
same fashion as those wheels on Microsofts new mice.  For those that
don't know, there is a wheel in beween the 1st and 2nd button that
scrolls whatever window you are in, if the application is aware.
Perhaps when the user held her middle button and moved the mouse, the
screen buffer would scroll and the cursor would stay put.  What do
people think, or were there already other, more usefull ideas for this
button?

Josh