Re: Whitespace (was: Re: GNOME Compliance Labels)

I've volunteered to write the section for the Style Guide (or whatever
it's called now) about dialog box layout, and one thing which it a VERY
major part of this is whitespace.  So far, these are the general rules
I've got:

- between 8-16 pixels between widgets/elements
- vertical whitespace is better than horizontal
- everything should be aligned in columns/rows
- visual grouping
	* use of lines / frames
	* separation of "actions" (ie "okay, cancel" buttons) and
	  "options"

Quite a bit more.  I think this enough for a healthy discussion.

                Soren Harward               | Windows 95/98 DOES come
 Internet Information Systems Administrator | with a tool to recover
               Cinternet, Inc.              | from Registry
 Voice: 891-1228        soren@cinternet.net | corruption.
      http://www.cinternet.net/~soren/      | It's called 'FDISK'.