Re: A letter for Tom/RGSG contributors

On Sun, 9 Aug 1998, Bowie Poag wrote:

> Hmm.. I'm sorry to hear that you've chosen to abandon the RSG, Tom.
> There IS much work still to do, and organized contributions / cooperative
> development are the real wind in the sails of this boat when it comes to
> moving forward.

I cannot speak for Tom, but I believe the reasoning was that RSG was
needed since there was no Open / Bazaar development process available for
the style guide, since UISG was not taking that design model.  With the
UISG no longer being touted as the Official style guide, and development
continuing under Federico, the project is not as necessary.

Organized contributions and cooperative development are important.
Federico will be maintaining such development.  Efforts by Tom to do so
would be redundant and unnecessary.

> Those of us in UISG Project still intend on moving forward until its
> ultimate completion, so, you can rest assured that the contributions
> you've made into our project will inevitably find their way into
> Federico's hands, along with the concepts and ideas which found their
> birthplace in the RSG.

It seems to me that UISG development at this point is also redundant.  Of
course you should do as you will.

> What would really be cool, is if you could still contribute to the ongoing
> effort on an individual basis. How bout it?

I too hope that Tom will contribute on an individual basis.  Some of the
flames directed at him were pretty harsh and uncalled for, so I would not
be surprised if he took a break from the list for a time.

-Gleef