Re: PROPOSAL: UISG Menu Line Standardization

Preben Randhol <randhol@dusken4.samfundet.ntnu.no> writes:

> * Bowie Poag
> | This kind of stuff (user-end documentation) is a little difficult to
> | mandate, simply because programmers dont really like writing
> | documentation. :) Its very hard to set it into stone that ALL developers
> | must include user dox with their apps upon releasing them, simply because
> | a programmer's free time should preferably be spent coding, not writing
> | dox. :)
>
> No offence but the old cliche that the programmer should program not
> write docs is utterly rubbish. It's futile. Just look at the GDK
> library it isn't documented one bit which makes it very hard to
> use. The GTK and GNOME libs are also poorly documented, but here there
> is improvement.

No. It is not rubbish. As a programmer I can tell you that
documentation is a long way down the priority list when I do hacks on
my free time. GDK is not overly documented, but on the other hand I
doubt there would be a GDK if there had been someone demanding
documentation from the start. Programmers don't take wery well to
orders.

--
Peter Bortas                   http://peter.bortas.org
Idonex AB                      http://www.idonex.com