Compliancy levels and new things (was Re: COMMENTARY: The War, or Has Anyone Actually Read ESR?)

Bowie Poag <bjp@primenet.com> writes:

> Second of all, in our eyes, his levels are being broken down completely
> in the wrong manner. Saturday's Revision 0 release will propose in detail
> what i'm foreshadowing here.. The UISG will (likely) handle it in the
> following manner:
>
> G1: Meets all requirements listed in G2, G3, G4, G5, and THEN some.
>
> G2: Meets all requirements listed in G3, G4, G5, and THEN some..But not
>     enough to meet G1's requirements.
>
> G3: Meets all requirements listen in G4, G5, and THEN some.. But not
>     enough to meet G2's requirements.
>
> G4: Meets all requirements listed in G5, and then some.. But not enough
>     to meet G3's requirements.
>
> G5: Meets the basic set of requirements in order to be called "Gnome
>     Compliant".

How are new requirements added. Example: When 3D display(/goggles) is
enough good to replace 2D displays and gnome moves to 3D world. How
transition would be handled?

What would happen to compliancy of applications that currently are
G1,G2,... or G5 level compliant?

--
LM lm+signature@sip.fi
PGP key: http://www.sip.fi/~lm