Re: tmfkap, File, &c

At 10:57 PM 8/6/98 +0200, Tom Vogt wrote:

>as "File" is probably equally bad from a task-oriented view, I guess you are
>aiming at something completely different here? care to elaborate?

No -- I have nothing different in mind. I feel that that any application
which differentiates between transient information in memory and that
stored on an user accessible file system should present a set of filing
operations using a menu labeled "File".

As for whether an application should present a task oriented interface, an
interface based on the structure of any contained objects, or some other
type of interface, this is probably best determined by the application
programmer based on the specifics of a particular application.

Sam Solon
ssolon@usa.net