RE: PROPOSAL: UISG Menu Line Standardization

On Thu, 6 Aug 1998, Bowie Poag wrote:

> > Bowie wrote:
> > >Perhaps Preferences should be taken off the top-leve, renamed "Defaults",
> > >and thrown in as a submenu under Options...?
> >
> > If we are going to change the name, I think Configure (or configuration) is the
> > best when it comes to app wide settings. Configure is something you do once
> > or twice, and it always looks good to use a verb as a command.
> >
> > If we are going to have a Program menu for app wide commands, it definetly belongs
> > there.
>
> I believe we already went over this.. "Config" is a little too nondescript
> a term to use. I guess the toss up, right now at least, is between
> Preferences and Defaults.

i don't know if i want to hear any pointy-haired-bosses who just went
windows->unix whining that they just want to change some *options* and not
change things back to *defaults*

hint hint, i think Options is the way to go. :)

we can't just discount a feature/idea/word because it was used once somewhere
else. gnome doesn't have to be the Rebel UI.
|        / |/ /_ __/ /_____         |       Nuke Skyjumper               |
|       /    / // /  '_/ -_)        |         "Master of the Farce"      |