RE: PROPOSAL: UISG Menu Line Standardization

Time for me to step up and stop lurking in the shadows...

Personally I find having both 'Options' -and- 'Preferences' to be
confusing.  As some people have mentioned I think that perhaps
'Defaults' makes most sense to me.  Since this would apply the whole
program, it seems logical to tuck it into the Program menu.

About the 'Edit' debate, imagine if I had a very small application, the
size of your average mp3/cd-player, that needs to have menu items, but
has _absolutely no use_ for editing functions.  In this case requiring
that the coders include useless fluff could be quite detrimental to the
smoothness and clarity of the UI.  I don't think users will really be
that confused to find that there is no edit menu when the applications
context would not lead someone want that functionality.