Re: This unbelievable load of crap from Tom..

Bowie Poag <bjp@primenet.com> wrote:
>On Wed, 5 Aug 1998, Tom Vogt wrote:

>> I don't like to make this proposal, but the more I think about it the more I
>> believe it's the right thing to do (tm).
>>

>> I suggest everyone filter dan for two or three days.

>Bahahahahhahahahaha.. oh god, you have to be kidding me, Tom.
>That smacks so heavilly of "Lets all ignore Dan Kaminsky so I can push my
>own blurry, inconsistant vision of how the style guide should be, without
>having to answer any criticisms."
[snip]

<sarcasm>
Wow. Lets give him a round of applause.
This is the spirit.
Who needs contributions like Tom's, when we can
learn about the wonderful world of Dans family
and listen to the insightfull diplomatic arguments of Bowie.
By the way Hitlers Amiga is much better than your Windows KDE
lookalike.
</sarcasm>

Toms comment was harsh, but (sadly) appropriate.
Dan comments are wellcome, but not the same comment 100 times a day.

>Uhh...who put you in charge, Tom?

There is nobody in charge. People take resposibility, like Tom,
and propose or show something.
There is no hirarchy.
Read the "Cathedral and the Basaar".

Stephan

(I respect Miguel. But not because he is boss, but because he produces
good things.)