Re: PROPOSAL: Compliancy Level Standardization, Revision 1.

Bowie Poag <bjp@primenet.com> wrote:
> What happens when something new comes down the pipe, and GNOME users want
> it on their desktops, and on their interfaces? What do you do?

I see your point now.

ok, what we'll do is look at it and see how important it is. say someone
find a real cool way to interact between apps. that's a nice feature, but at
least for the first time it shouldn't be mandatory - level 3.
a while later, someone invents whatever mutation of the session management
that sends apps signals and whatever - this things is very important and  an
app that doesn't handle these signals might crash or what. we can't allow
crashes, so this would be a c1 feature.

see the difference to your level rating?

		-- Henry Spencer