Re: Y.A. menu bar proposal

Justin Ross <opiskin@hotmail.com> wrote:
> The logic of the toplevel menu editor is that of descending scope.  That
> is, the App menu has the broadest scope, 'Document' is next since it
> treats the whole document, and 'Edit' follows since it deals with

this makes a lot of sense and - once learned - should make handling much
easier.

some nitpicking:

a)  we shouldn't move things into the App/tmfkap menu at random if their
toplevel menus are missing, that would violate the very concept you summed
up.

b) we've got to do some tests to find out if an icon for tmfkap works out.
is someone already working on the mockups?

> | Document |
> | New...		|  Document access and preservation: these
> | Open...		|  items are related principally tofilesystems
> | Open Recent	      > | <-- I prefer this to the Microsoft way

good idea! I like this one very much.

		-- Henry Spencer