Re: org sheet

-----Original Message-----
From: Bowie Poag <bjp@primenet.com>
To: Tom Vogt <tom@lemuria.org>
Cc: gnome-gui-list@gnome.org <gnome-gui-list@gnome.org>
Date: Wednesday, August 05, 1998 11:25 PM
Subject: Re: org sheet

>Using an icon on the same usage plane as text is a mistake; It breaks
>consistancy, and is visually distracting.

Mac does it, it looks good for the apple menu(not for middle menus though).
I'm thinking, as Tom is, that maybe this stuff should go in the far right
menu.

>Preferences does not belong in Program. It belongs out on the line with
>the rest of the options.

90%+ of applications have preferences, but maybe 15-25% have options.  A
mandate of this style would be quite successful in making sure preferences
were always available.

>> a) rename the current "File" menu to a more app-specific term without
>>    changing its contents.
>
>Laughably lame idea. Also breaks consistancy. So far you're 0 for 2.

Like I realized earlier, it don't matter, users will take one peek at it and
go "where's file, I want my file"