move discussion onwards ?

I don't like to make this proposal, but the more I think about it the more I
believe it's the right thing to do (tm).

I suggest everyone filter dan for two or three days.

we REALLY need to get to do something and dan is at this time a major source
of noise and working more against the group effort than providing input for
it. I don't know how he got in that corner, but it's obvious that he can't
get out of there anymore. so a few days and changed topics would give him
the opportunity to start contributing again.
in addition, he's constantly bringing up new topics, and I guess I'm not the
only one lost by now to what exactly we're talking about here. I believe we
have reached the point where we just have to hit the brakes, stop, sort
things a bit and then go anew.

an alternative is that we close the list down for a few days and just think
for ourselves, then return. this would have a similiar effect but is imho
much more difficult to realize.

I'll try to push some constructive movement by putting up a structure during
the next few hours. due to the automated poll cycles of this system, you
will nevertheless have about 5 hours of time before you get it. enough to
shoot your flames at me for being such an asshole and all, and then return
to some serious work.

		-- Henry Spencer