Re: RGSG - contents of Program menu

Dan Effugas Kaminsky wrote:

> And what I'm trying to say is that everything could be put into Document and
> it would make sense, though be a complete mess.  Document is a content-free
> header--of COURSE it's a document, this *IS* a word processor.  File limits
> the contents of the single most memorized menu in all of computing to
> input/output stuff.

You're mixing two separate issues to force your point.  The first
issue is "Document" vs. "File"...whether it makes sense (and is a
good idea) to name the second menu according to the type of
object the application primarily operates on, as opposed to
calling it File no matter what.

The second issue is "what goes where?"  Do you really think that
the Style guide will get released without a strong statement
against putting all your menus items in one menu?  No GUI
programmer in his right mind would make such an atrocious
interface.  Why are we still talking about this?

#1 Overall menu structure
#2 How to fill them up

John