Re: Menu access (meta keys and their bindings)

Wesley Felter wrote:
[...]
> There should be two different meta-keys. Ctrl is used to directly activate a menu item;
> e.g. ctrl-O is File->Open. Alt is used to activate the menubar or its menus.
>
> Of course, we can't hard-code meta keys, so we need generic names.

As you mention it, the two concepts have distinct names which should
be mentioned in the style guide IMO, this will make it easier
to know what other people are talking about without
explaining what's meant each time:

- Ctrl-O is an example for an "accelerator" key,
- Alt-O is an example for keyboard "mnemonics".

Best regards,
kai