Re: RGSG

On Tue, 4 Aug 1998, Bowie Poag wrote:

> > The big points of contention I'm having is that Program shouldn't suck up
> > the contents of File, that Program should really just be the
> > Gnomeprint(which appears to be the consensus), that both Program *and* File
> > deserve to have Exit commands, and that renaming File is a really bad idea.
>
> Agreed. However, it breaks consistancy to have "Exit" in File, and another
> "Exit" in Program. Instead, "Exit" belongs in Program, and * "Close" *
> belongs under file. "Exit" was also another one of those menu items that
> people couldnt really find a good home for. I mean, think about it..

But what does the "Close" in the file menu represent? Close the program,
or close the file currently being worked on? Currently in gEdit under the
File menu you have two separate options - Close, which is understood to
close the current document, and Quit (or Exit, I forget - same diff :) to
quit the program. I really like the idea of a separate program menu, but
it doesn't seem right to require a Close in the File menu that means close
the program... Sorry if I misunderstood you here, just looking for a
little clarification...