About tmfkap and file

I think this is a good implementation in Gmc which can explain what menus
do, we should ask Miguel to implement them if nobody object:
If you are in a Gmc windows you can have for example a word procesor
aplication and a document (ok, difficult in the same window, but this is an
example). If you do right click in the aplication the popup menu shows the
tmfkap/foot menu options: you can Execute (this replaces exit, because the
aplication isn't running yet), you can see About, you can read the Help (and
Screenplays if they are implemented, as I wish), you can Add (to the panel,
or to the desktop, etc), and all the options which have been mentioned
before. And if you do right click in the document you have the document (of
File if you prefer, I would like more to change the name in each type of
document, but File is right to) menu. Here you can open the file, or print
it, or change the Document preferences (where you change the settings of the
document, such as the paper), and view or edit too (if you select view you
only can see, if you select edit the aplication is open).
Don't start to flame me now. I know this isn't perfect, because for example
it would be ridiculous if you had the program options, or save document in
Gmc, but I hope this will clear some things about the File menu war.
Perhaps menu entries in the foot menu and in the file/document/picture/...
menu which don't fit with the file manager should be marked in some way.
Definitively this would need being more studied, but the proposal it is
there. If we could do this well, Gnome would be more Object/Document
oriented, I think. Or at least, it would look like.
And about Options and Preferences, I agree with options for Program options
in the foot menu, but there is a little problem with preferences. I think
that which would really fit there is Properties, but the user could confuse
file properties (size, permissions, etc) with doc properties. I think the
best solution would be Settings.
Finishing, a little note to Dam: I think you have really good ideas, but the
half of the things you say aren't implemented yet. Probably, you would help
much more to this project working in something as a wishlist (Screenplays in
the first position) and talking with people such as the Xlab guy and some
Gnome developers (and the SG team, which you mustn't abandonate) and trying
to implement them in Gnome. If you forget the File/Foot menu war and go on
thinking in things as Screenplays, macros, and the minibar I would be more
happy. But if you have your reasons to do this, and you want to colaborate
as you want, forget this. It was only a suggestion.
You (all the group, not only Dam) spend too much time discussing little
important things. It isn't important if you call a guide PSG or RSG or if
you name complianci levels C1 or CB (about this, I think aplications which
don't need to fit, as MP3 players, must be studied individually by this list
to decide if they are Gnome aplications). Please, more real work, and less
discusions, though the line which divide them is so thin...

- yiyus

PS: I would like to help much more with the SG, but my English isn't very
good (as you would have seen) and I can't follow you with a hundred of
messages in some hours.