Re: Menu Ideas

On Tue, 4 Aug 1998, Tom Vogt wrote:

> John R Sheets <dusk@smsi-roman.com> wrote:
> > > i cast my vote for the document/file/picture menu. "print picture" makes
> > > a complete, clear sentence and therefore makes logical sense.
> >
> > Me too.  I like the idea that menu selections should make simple, intuitive,
> > real-language statements.  Of course, the problem with this is that it requires
> > all top-level menus to be verbs, and all submenus to be nouns.
>
> ok, let's leave out the last sentence and work on that later, but the layout
> with "Program" left, then a "File" menu that can be renamed to something app
> specific is that way in the RSG right now and will be put online in a few
> hours.
> there have been a few more changes, so I recommend everyone should take a
> look. I'll post the url again as soon as it's there.

i would still much prefer "Program" be on the right side, as it's not going to
be used quite as often as the document in the "File" and "Edit" menus.

it would also be a good idea to make "Program" configurable in the UI
Preferences. the user should be able to choose "fnord" if they feel like it,
or even the Gnome foot.
|        / |/ /_ __/ /_____         |       Nuke Skyjumper               |
|       /    / // /  '_/ -_)        |         "Master of the Farce"      |