Re: RGSG

Dan Kaminsky <effugas@best.com> wrote:
> >> Ghostview.  Copy the onscreen image as a big hunka hunka burning bitmap.
> >also called "export file". :)
>
> Ooh, you said the four letter F word.  I'm telling.

sure I did. call it "export document" if you  like more, doesn't matter,
doesn't invalidate the argument.

> >nothing like that is supported by gv. this is a DISPLAY program, not a
> >postscript editor!
> >for simplicity: what would you put into the edit menu in xosview?
>
> Copy screenshot(graphic) or copy text readout of meters for emailing
> purposes.  The copy context should be switchable in menu.

you want every app to be responsible for taking screenshots? talk about code
redundancy!
text readout? hm, wonder what that will do to my .eps screenshots...

c'mon, it's not so difficult. there ARE cases where any justification for an
edit menu is at best artificial.

besides - how do you want to hit ctrl-c in an app that doesn't take input?
:)

--
The universe does not have laws -- it has habits, and habits can be broken.