Re: RSG, draft three

Dan Kaminsky wrote:

> Are you familiar with the KPT interface?  There's different, and then
> there's KPT.

As I recall, KPT (as a plug-in for Photoshop) is more of an
extension than a stand-alone app.  I'm not familiar with its uses
(if any) outside of being a plug-in.  I also remember KPT being
rather rude about taking over my entire screen when I invoke it.
Am I correct in stating that Kai's Power Tools typically runs
either fully-maximized, or as non-windowed lenses that float
above the image you're editing?

Unless things have changed, I don't consider KPT to be an
application.  Does it run stand-alone?  Or only symbiotically on
the back of a true app?  If that's the case, then KPT is
completely outside the scope of the style guide, which only
purports to support apps and applets.

John