Re: RGSG

Dan Kaminsky <effugas@best.com> wrote:
> Anyway, the *INTERFACE* reason is that Close now can mean:
> 1)  Close WIndow(whatever that means)
> 2)  Close File
> 3)  Close Application

"File"->Close
and
"Program"->Exit

does anyone see any source of confusion there? I don't. your point is mood,
dan, exactly BECAUSE of the "Program" menu.

> You're right, just because the person I was responding to agreed with me
> does not mean everybody did.  But, yeah, I agree with this statement--I
> don't really think we wanna put users through this mess.

what mess? wanna bet they dig it the second time they try? don't you think
this "mess" is WAY less messy than having one "close"  and one  "quit"  item
in the SAME  menu? (look at a random windoze app for an example)

dude, there is exactly  one person arguing against the Program menu here and
that is you. I just got an e-mail from bowie in response to the Prog/Program
discussion saying basically that he wondered how many people it would take
to convince  me - gotta bounce  that question right back at you.

--
The universe does not have laws -- it has habits, and habits can be broken.