Re: RGSG

Dan Kaminsky <effugas@best.com> wrote:
> >> Open save game FILE...clear high score FILE...exit this game FILE...
> >                                                ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
> >
> >boark? this did strike everyone as an oddity, didn't it?
>
> boark?
no idea how that's pronounced in english. :)

> There's a file that contains high scores.  Clear it.
do you know my weekly contest? this week's question is:

"what might a row of ^^^'s mean or point to?" winner gains insight. :))

> >> Edit can be worthless, but only in games.
> >whoops?
> >
> >ghostview? gimp, btw. also doesn't have an edit menu...
>
> Ghostview.  Copy the onscreen image as a big hunka hunka burning bitmap.
also called "export file". :)

> Paste and cut aren't appropriate.  (Well, unless you want to paste a big
> piece of postscript into a new image for ghostview to grab, or maybe if you
> want to render some stuff by ghostview, just paste in the appropriate
> postscript?)
nothing like that is supported by gv. this is a DISPLAY program, not a
postscript editor!
for simplicity: what would you put into the edit menu in xosview?

> GIMP doesn't have edit...hurm, weird case, very thin place for
> the menu to go I guess, but if GIMP truly doesn't have any facilites for
> cut/paste, then that's a bug, C1 level with gnome compliance, because I use
> cut/paste all the time in photoshop.

of course it can cut and paste and 756 other things. it still doesn't have
an edit menu.

--
The universe does not have laws -- it has habits, and habits can be broken.