Re: Excellent conference!

> * Bowie Poag
> | Ah, for the 387th time, now:
> |
> |  o No matter what time you select for live conferences, someoneone, in
> |    some part of the world, is going to get screwed over. This is why we
> |    plan on having SEVERAL conferences, to be held at different times.
>
> How many of them will be at 3am US time on a monday?

I would, because I know the difficulties faced in planning international
events. Unless youre willing to submit a proposal which deals with Time
Travel, none of us have any room for complaint.

> |  o No discussion was had regarding "changing the time", because I know
> |    what the heck i'm doing. Announcement of the conference has reached
> |    approximately 250,000+ people. Trying to issue a notice for

> Do you expect 250.000+ on that irc conference and you are not going to
> log it? How would anybody get anything out of such a conference but blabber?

Who says I expected a quarter of a million people? Look again. Here it is,
word for word: "Announcement of the conference has reached approximately
250,000+ people." ..I expected a turnout between 50-100 people. I guessed
right on the money, it turns out. We had 65 people stay for the duration
of the Conference.

Preben, the timing of the announcements was very specific. We didnt want
mobs of people, but by the same token, we wanted the conference to have a
wide array of people. So, the announcement was given 3-4 days in advance.
Not two days, or one day, or even on the same day. I guess you arent
familliar with the Slashdot effect. :)

Bowie