Re: Gnomeprint-in-app

Dan Kaminsky <effugas@best.com> wrote:
> IBM research showed that this Prog menu will be accessed THE MOST at it's
> present location.  I really don't think that's appropriate, considering the
> contents inside of it @ that page you put up.

propose more things for that menu, no problem. I don't think what I faked up
is the last word, it just went to SHOW the thing for a first time.

> >second: lots of your stuff is window-manager, not gnome stuff. most window
> >managers already have a button that does half those things. why duplicate?
>
> We've gotta make a proposal for a COMPLETE UI.  This is critical!  Unlike
> KDE, our environment should be completely externally controllable(what UIs
> will do), but we *NEED* to suggest a complete default environment.  If other
> WM's want to build off of it, no problem by me.

I disagree. one of the reasons I  like Gnome is that I can stay with
afterstep. I DON'T want to have the next version tell me,  my wm is
outdated or I should really be running E.

--
The universe does not have laws -- it has habits, and habits can be broken.