Re: Proposal for First Draft of GNOME Style Guide 1.1

> damn, bowie, don't you get it?
>
> it's the fact the we're on a mailing list dedicated to a topic, and then
> suddenly there's an announcement the real fun will be somewhere else and not
> even with a "a summary for those unable to attend will of course be posted"
> notice!

The Conference Guide was online a full day and a half before the actual
event, at the same URL mentioned in the announcement, and the same URL
announced here on the mailing list, Tom. Did you want me to call you
personally, and walk you through it? Its your responsibility to pay
attention, Tom. Not mine.

> you would get angry if you went to the cinema only to get - after half an
> hour of ads and trailers - an announcement that the movie will be played
> across town, wouldn't you? it might not be a perfect metaphor, but it's a
> bit how I'm feeling. and it doesn't exactly help that you now answer with
> "hey, that cinema is much bigger, why do you complain that more people will
> watch the movie now?". the issue is NOT the larger audience, ok?

We had a VERY nice turnout at the conference, from North America, Europe,
and even the Japanese contingient. It seemed to work out fine for them,
and they had even less warning than you did! I still dont understand what
you're complaining about, Tom.

> the very, VERY least I absolutely EXPECT is that a summary will be posted to
> this list. anything else would leave me with a deep impression that this
> list is just a bad joke played on the unsuspecting.

I'll do you one better. Despite the fact that the Conference Guide was
release well in advance of the event, and you missed it, i'll post the
Conference Log as well. You'll be able to access it directly via the
webpage, the list, or via the announcement(s) on Freshmeat/Slashdot.

Is that gonna be enough for ya, Tom? Perhaps you'de like a re-enactment of
the conference?

> and yes, I AM angry.

Youre angry because you apparently still dont understand the process. And
as I've said many times before, its your responsibility to stay current --
Just like everyone else. You basically need to pay attention to
announcements made to the list--And when youre confused, just ask a few
intelligently formed question of the right people.

Take it easy, and take your time.

Bowie