Re: Gnomeprint-in-app

George <jirka@5z.com> wrote:
> > in what way does it qualitatively differ from the other menus?
>
> well
> 1) it's auto generated
> 2) it's exactly the same for all apps (so that user knows when he clickes
>    it ... what will be there)
> 3) it's not the way to do something in the program, it's a way to do sometime
>    either outside or with the program (exit is a quantitatively different
>    function then "Save"
> 4) the foot menu would look cool

gotta agree on that. can you provide me or point me to a gif that could be
used, so I can fake another screenshot with an icon instead of text, and we
simply look at it?

I still think all menus should be text (several very good reasons were
mentioned today), but I also think we should try it out and have a look at
what it would look like.

> see #4 above ... (I think the menu should be a bit different from the others)

that can be done by slight variations in font, if that's all. :)
(taking serif instead of sans serif fonts alone makes a huge difference
visually.)

> > at this moment, we only have things in there that used to be in file or help
> > or other menu items. I don't see that we have created something very
> > special, yet.
>
> just because they wrongly used to be in file and help menus doesn't mean
> they ever belonged there ...

right, that's why we're moving them out. :)

I'm not so sure about "About..." anymore, though.

--
The universe does not have laws -- it has habits, and habits can be broken.