Re: Gnomeprint-in-app

Dan Kaminsky <effugas@best.com> wrote:
> >My only concern with throwing the foot there, would be in terms of the
> >overall visual consistancy of the window. The rest of the menu options are
> >words, not symbols. I would prefer a "Gnome" menu over a footprint menu, I
> >believe. Even more so, I'd prefer it to be called "Program".
>

> When making a bullet list, you have something like
>
> *  Foo
>

> Welp, there's a symbol that defines that status of the buttons(members of a
> category).

yeah, but in something along the lines of:

File    Edit    View    Options         Help

a graphical symbol really IS out of place. it would have to have a special
meaning very unlike all the other options to justify itself. remember: only
use specials when something IS special.

--
The universe does not have laws -- it has habits, and habits can be broken.