Re: RSG

-----Original Message-----
From: George <jirka@5z.com>
To: gnome-gui-list@gnome.org <gnome-gui-list@gnome.org>
Date: Sunday, August 02, 1998 11:42 AM
Subject: Re: RSG

>On Sun, Aug 02, 1998 at 04:02:38PM +0200, Tom Vogt wrote:
>> > what's bad about it? (hope we aren't talking about the UI in 0.20 but
the
>> > gsearchtool in the cvs) ...
>>
>> actually, I AM talking about the 0.20 version. if it has been redone
since
>> then, just the better.
>
>good ... I hated that interface too ... look at my page for a screenshot
>of the new version ...  http://www.5z.com/jirka/linux.html

Good amount of drool factor going on here.  Couple suggestions:

1)  Browse menus.  Don't know a filetype by heart?  Look at an index of
filetypes.  Don't know your directory structure by heart?  Look at an index
of directories.  Don't know regex's by heart?  Hurm, maybe link to a
screenplay of a regex tutorial, or a listing of possible situations one
would use regex.

2)  LESS WHITESPACE :-)

3)  (long term) I'd like a command line mode for this app, so that the
runbox could link to it easily.