Re: RSG

> >You cant dictate "look and feel". You can only describe the elements which
> >make for consistant design and implementation. Its not the purpose of a
> >Style Guide to preclude the user's personal tastes.
>

> Gotta disagree with you here, Bowie.  Part of the "Look and Feel" of Windows
> is the absolute mess the Start Menu gets into.  It's the responsibility of
> the style guide to define a base look and feel such that if the user *wants*
> to diverge, they can, but only to make things even better, not to correct
> our mistakes.

Good news -- You're actually agreeing with me here. Our definition of
"dictating look and feel" is a little different. I'm talking about
enforcing a "look" and "feel" to the desktop, without allowing the user
any ability to modify either one. This is a bad idea.

But i'm all for proposing a "default" appearance for Gnome.

> KPT breaks all sorts of rules, but it's really an exception app.  I see your
> point, but I think what's being said here is something like "Any time
> control-C is highlighted and text is selected, that text must be copied into
> the clipboard."  I have ZERO problem with saying that any app that doesn't
> do this is buggy.  NONE.

Me neither. Mandated Constructs will come into play here, bigtime. (Key
Bindings)