Re: The Help Menu

-----Original Message-----
From: Tom Vogt <tom@lemuria.org>
To: gnome-gui-list@gnome.org <gnome-gui-list@gnome.org>
Date: Sunday, August 02, 1998 1:56 AM
Subject: Re: The Help Menu

>Bowie Poag <bjp@primenet.com> wrote:
>> > second, "Prog" is a somewhat well-known abbreviation, so common that
it's
>> > not even seen as one anymore. even my girlfriend knows at a glance what
it
>> > means (she's for computers what other people's mom is).
>>
>> So why even abbreviate it?
>
>because back two weeks when we had the discussion first time, it was agreed
>by most people that "Program" is a tad too long.

"Program" isn't much longer than "Format" or "Compose", and abbreviations
are REALLY REALLY bad--it'll be harped on by the public more than the
accursed Mac-With-No-Floppy-Disk-Biggest-Error-In-Design-History.

(Please don't start a flamewar over this.  It's a matter of fact that this
is a known reason why people aren't going for iMac, and that's just plain
silly)