Re: The Help Menu

Bowie Poag <bjp@primenet.com> wrote:
> > I have opted for the name "Prog" in the current version of MY styleguide
>
> Bad idea, Tom.
>
> Here's why: It opens the door to a nasty little thing called visual
> inconsistancy. If youre going to shorten "Program" to "Prog", are you
> going to shorten "Options" to "Opns" ? Both are seven characters long.. If
> you truncate one, you have to truncate the other to remain consistant with
> the first. Or, just leave well enough alone.

first, of all, this is just a temporary solution, to come up with ANY
consistant name for the damn thing.
second, "Prog" is a somewhat well-known abbreviation, so common that it's
not even seen as one anymore. even my girlfriend knows at a glance what it
means (she's for computers what other people's mom is).

> > (not to be confused with bowie's). this is NOT identical with the "File"
> > menu, but an additional menu. it will contain things like "About...", "Exit"
> > and configuration.
>
> This also isnt "MY" Style Guide, Tom.

ok, but we have to have some kind of identification. :)

--
The universe does not have laws -- it has habits, and habits can be broken.