Re: The Help Menu

On Sat, 1 Aug 1998, Tom Vogt wrote:

> > Well, but i think, the 'Help' is the better place, because the
> > 'Program/File' menu will normally hold more entries than 'Help' and as
> > is stated above, its not totally misleading.
>
> I have opted for the name "Prog" in the current version of MY styleguide

Bad idea, Tom.

Here's why: It opens the door to a nasty little thing called visual
inconsistancy. If youre going to shorten "Program" to "Prog", are you
going to shorten "Options" to "Opns" ? Both are seven characters long.. If
you truncate one, you have to truncate the other to remain consistant with
the first. Or, just leave well enough alone.

> (not to be confused with bowie's). this is NOT identical with the "File"
> menu, but an additional menu. it will contain things like "About...", "Exit"
> and configuration.

This also isnt "MY" Style Guide, Tom.

Bowie